Monday, August 10, 2009

So Much To Do........

First, let me apologize for not posting sooner. We have just been extremely busy. Despite our lists, excel spreadsheets, and stuff for Russia boxes we (mostly me) are just meeting ourselves coming and going. How can anyone plan for the unexpected?

Last weekend, Don had a toothache and bought himself an emergency root canal - he was down for 2 days. Needless to say, he is behind on his "honey do" list. Yesterday, I was painting our Angel's room and found myself flying through the air and landing flat on my back. Don heard me scream and came running. I have to say, the fall knocked the wind out of me. And by the time Don came in, I was just laying on the floor trying to remember how I got there. Then I started laughing, and laughing, and laughing - I must have really been a sight. Today, I am very sore and not able to get much done - I am not laughing anymore. Now, I am starting to fret about everything we have to do to get ready to travel in 12 days!!!!

We are asking everyone who follows our journey to pray God will provide the last pennies we need to bring our Angel home. Again, we have had a few unplanned expenses that are impacting our finances. We know who to blame for that (hint: his name begins with a S). He is just not going to let us have an easy time even as we get closer.

We are still working on fundraising for the last bit of funds we need. We are being blessed daily by the generosity of others and we are truly amazed at the response we've received. Two fellow adoptive families transferred Sky Miles to Don's account which will help with our Angel's ticket. We were very surprised to find out that they were able to transfer 5, 000 miles for $50.00 and Delta gave a 2,000 mile bonus for each 5,000 miles. If you are interested in transferring Delta Sky Miles to help us bring our Angel home, please email us at murrayadoption@yahoo.com. We currently have 54,000 miles and we need 90,000 miles for our Angel's award ticket - if we can use Sky Miles for her ticket it will save us $890-$1500.

We are so close and continue to pray. We have faith that God will provide - but our human nature gets in the way sometimes and we find ourselves worrying just a bit.

Don put my jade ring on E-Bay, we are still selling fundraising items through our online store (www.heartforadoption.net) , and I am tempted to ask the neighbors if I can check out their sofas and chairs for loose change (just kidding)! But, seriously, we are still thinking of ways to raise what we need. We only have 12 days and we are open to any suggestions.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ. Philippians 4:6,7

Thanks for following our adventure,
Elizabeth

Visit My Website

No comments: