Friday, August 14, 2009

Counting Down: Day 8

Today started out as "just another day in paradise". Yes, to me it is paradise. I love Florida. Now, I must admit when I am glowing, my mascara has run down my cheeks, and my deodorant has failed me, I wish I still lived up north. But most of the time, I love it here. I experience joy everyday on my drive to work. We live on a cape and have to cross a bridge to get just about anywhere. So, I cross a bridge over the Caloosahatchee River to go to work every morning. I love looking out over the water and seeing it glisten in the morning sun. It makes my day.

Today, I woke up like any other. Hit the snooze button 2-3 times (Don hates that!), get up, brush teeth, make coffee, pet and feed cats, pray, shower etc...... head out the door hoping to miss any tie ups on the bridge or I-75.

I had just started the car, loaded my Pimsleur Russian CD, and buckled my seat belt when I looked up to see Don waving at me to come back into the house - he was on the house phone and he had the strangest look on his face. Immediately, I thought "oh no, something has happened." I jumped out of the car, left it running with the door open, and ran up to the house. When I walked in, Don was on the phone saying, "you want to give us how much?" When he saw me, he covered the mouthpiece and whispered someone wants to give us some money for the adoption. I was dumbfounded - and began a quick scroll through my head trying to remember the grants we applied for and had not heard from. Hmm, seems we heard from every one we applied for so what is this about.

Finally, Don took a moment to tell me that someone was following our blog and felt that God led them to help us out. Wow! How amazing is that! I have to admit, I burst into tears and Don soon followed. We have believed that God would provide and He did.

Today, my drive over the river was absolutely glorious!

PRAISING GOD TODAY FOR: Receiving word of a considerable donation, the generosity of others.

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

Thanks for following our adventure,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Heather Brandt said...

Praising the Lord for His provision through the generosity of others!

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com