Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Counting Down: Day 4

Oh, my goodness - only 4 days until we travel! It seems there is so much to do. Tomorrow is my last day at work and it won't come too soon. I really wanted to take off the entire week to be able to get ready for our trip - but just couldn't swing it. So, I am meeting myself coming and going.

Don worked today on finishing up our Angel's room. We had a practice Skype run with my best and dearest friend in California - I think it will work just fine. We spoke to the bank and our new bills are in - we will pick them up on Thursday. Things are really coming together.

We also found out that a few documents we thought we needed to get prior to traveling are not needed - YEAH! We sent our Angel a letter (email) telling her "We Are Coming!" We sent our last packet of documents to the courier in Tallahassee to get apostilled for us. We should have them back Thursday to safely pack to carry to Russia. It's really going to happen!

PRAISING GOD TODAY FOR: fundraising success; donations that keep coming in; less documents necessary to take on Trip 2 (notice the happy fundraising thermometer!).

We want to thank everyone who has supported our fundraising efforts and/or donated to help us bring our Angel home. We are so greatful for your help. God Bless You All.

Blessings,
Elizabeth
Visit My Website

1 comment:

Laura said...

Not sure how I stumbled on your blog but I share in your excitement of bringing your little angel home. We just brought Kristina home 3 months ago and we had 7 months between trips.

Patience pays off big time...the reward is the greatest blessing of our lives and your angel will be yours.

Enjoy every second of the trip and live in the moment because the time flies so fast.

Happy days ahead -- I'll keep tabs on your guys and say a prayer!

Blessings,
Laura :)