Monday, August 31, 2009

Shopping With Our Daughter

Today, we took our Angel shopping for an outfit for Gotcha Day. We went to a large children's store with clothing, books, shoes, games, many other items. We told her she could pick out an outfit (any kind) for when we pick her up from the orphange. She picked a pretty party dress and fancy flower print shoes. She also wanted a pair of heavy weight tights. Now, I know it is typical to bundle-up children in Russia but she would die wearing those tights in Florida. It took a little doing but I managed to talk her out of them. One day, she'll thank me. While she tried on her dress, I found myself thinking, "this is a milestone, we are shopping with our daughter." There will be many more milestone shopping days in our future as we watch her grow to become a young woman. Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself here - let's get her home to the USA first!

Although she had a good time shopping, she seemed a bit distant. She didn't want us to take any photos of her, she wouldn't sit by us during lunch, and she wouldn't try to talk to us much. She may have some worries that we won't come back for her. We hope she feels more secure now that she has a "special dress" for the day we pick her up from the orphanage.

We are praying she warms to us and we can have a smooth transition.
Thanks for following our journey,
Elizabeth



No comments: