Thursday, June 25, 2009

Desperately Searching for Sunny Skies

Well, our lost paperwork was found and sent via USPS Priority Overnight mail on Thursday, June 18 and we still have not received the package. I cannot tell you how discouraged we are feeling. Actually, I am just in a "funk"! Yesterday, I moved from the sofa to the bed to the sofa to the bed, feeling absolutely hopeless. Don and I have been praying constantly about the lost documents - not one document, not two documents, but 20 documents - missing, lost, poof - just disappeared!

We have tried to trace the package, contacted the State, we even had the courier go to the Tallahassee post office to search in the "dead mail" pile thinking perhaps the label ripped or something. No trace of the package.

I spoke with our family coordinator this afternoon and this new twist may impact us getting an August court date before the judge goes on vacation. Again, I am almost ready to say, "I give up." Why does this have to be so difficult and why do we have to face so many obstacles. I was whining to her about it all. She finally said, "You don't have time to be in a funk or lay on the sofa, you have to get started on redoing all those documents. We need to get them to Russia, so you can bring your little girl home!" Well, she might as well have slapped me - she was so right. We don't have time to feel sorry for ourselves - the clock is ticking and we need to continue to persevere and bring our Angel home.

We chatted more and agreed Don and I would plan to get everything to Tallahassee by Monday so the courier to walk them into the State Office, have them apostilled, and get them in the overnight mail to our family coordinator by Tuesday. It all seemed very doable. As soon as we were off the phone, I went online with FEDEX and set up an account. After this experience, we will not be using USPS for such important documents in the future.

Don and I sat down this evening and formulated a plan on how to gather all the documents together and get them to Tallahassee by Monday for apostilling. We were going to be doing a lot of running around on Friday getting documents, redoing medicals, trying to get police clearances(usually take 2 weeks to get these), then updating other documents and printing them Friday evening, and meet with a notary at 9:30am on Saturday and get to FEDEX before 1:00pm for last pick up in the Cape.

We have a plan! Team Murray is moving into action!

Do I see a ray of sunshine peaking through?
Thanks for following our journey.

Puttin on my sunglasses,
Elizabeth





No comments: