Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Crazy but Sunny Saturday

Yesterday was crazy but we managed to gather all the documents needed and our updated homestudy also arrived. So, the plan was to get all our documents notarized today and send them, along with our updated homestudy to the State for apostilling.

Time got away from me a bit after getting the documents notarized and I was really running late. Don had a class to go to and I needed to run back home before going to FEDEX because we forgot to update our photo album which will expire in July. I was having problems downloading the photos, the computer was just running too slow for my liking, and the printer kept jamming! I kept watching the clock and wanted to get to FEDEX as soon as I could. I noticed the mailman came and decided to run out and get the mail while the photos were printing.

There in my mailbox were the lost documents! AMAZING! That changed some of our plans. So I scurried to review the documents and compile what was needed to send to our family coordinator in Virginia and then the other documents that would need to be sent to the courier in Tallahassee to be apostilled. I also needed to make sure I had the information to include a postage paid envelope so the courier to overnight the newly apostilled documents to our family coordinator.

I was so full of excitement and feeling such joy over this surprise. I was just shaking. But I missed the last pick up in the Cape so I would have to go over the bridge to Fort Myers to Kinko's. I drove as fast as I could to beat the last pick up and arrived 5 minutes late - I prayed all the way there. I ran in and asked, "Did FEDEX pick up yet?" Praying as I waited for the answer -

The lady said, "No, but he should be here any minute, let me help you." She helped me get the documents for our family coordinator taken care of and I started working on the paperwork for the other two envelopes. While I was doing that, the FEDEX guy showed up. The lady told him I was still working on the forms for the other items but I had the envelope that had to be in Virginia by Monday. He took it and told me not to worry, it would be there and he left.

I continued completing the paperwork praying to God that there was some way I could still get the documents to Tallahassee by Monday. Then, I caught a shadow to my right, and there was the FEDEX guy! He asked me if I was almost finished and said he would wait. My knees buckled and I was praising God as I sealed that envelope and handed it to him. I said, "Thank you so much, you don't know how much this means to me - you will be blessed for helping me get these documents out today. I have a little girl in Russia I am adopting and it all depends on this package getting to Tallahassee by Monday morning." I had tears in my eyes and so did he. I really wanted to hug him!



The sun is shining on us now.

We are praising God and thanking
Him for everything. We need to work on our faith because God is faithful. We will have our Angel home when it is time.


Let us hold unswervingly to the
hope we profess, for he who
promised is faithful. 2 Timothy 2:13

In Christ,
Elizabeth


No comments: