Monday, June 15, 2009

And the Fundraising Goes On and On and On and On...

It has quite a while since I posted. Mainly because we have just been busy but also because my computer crashed! I never really realized what a creature of habit I am. My computer is set up just the way I like it. I have my bookmarks, my favorites, all my folders with all my stuff in them including photos, documents for the adoption, and other important stuff. But it CRASHED! I have been praying the auto back up worked prior to the nosedive! Apparently, the mother board died and it will cost around $400.00 to repair it. Well, that might as well be $1,000,000 - we just don't have it. And if we did, the money would go toward our adoption not my computer. I will just use my husband's old computer until we can figure out what we will do. Anyway, being without my computer has just sent me in a tizzy. Perhaps I should seek counseling - naw, just don't have the time these days.
Let's see, what have we been up to since the last post.

The end of May, we went to Orlando to meet up with some of the America World staff. It was nice to finally meet these wonderful people. I think a special bond develops between adoptive families and those who help them through the various stages of the adoption process. We also met some of the Florida families who are in various stages of adopting from Russia. I know many names from the blogs but again, nice to actually meet the real people. It was a great day.

The first week of June was our little Angel's birthday, we sent money to the facilitator in NN to buy her a gift and some goodies to share with the other children in the home. We heard all went well. I must admit, it broke our hearts not to be able to be with her on her birthday.

Last Saturday, the social worker was here for another home visit - our homestudy expires later this month - this was our 4th update. Hmm, I wonder if there is a record for this?

We are still fundraising, thus the title of this post. We really need to raise enough to get back to Russia before July 20 - apparently the judge will be going on a month-long vacation that day. We feel somewhat desperate to get the rest of the funds needed to travel. Here's information about our current fundraisers. Please check them out:
  • Magazine Fundraiser – quit buying those magazines at the grocery store support our adoption by buying through us (you’ll also find the magazines are less expensive through our site) http://magfundraising.com.MurrayAdoption.
  • Shop through our online mall site - you can shop at over 150 online stores and we receive a percentage of all purchases visit http://www.krymus.com/5361.
  • Purchase photo prints, share photos with family, store photos, and create beautiful gifts at http://www.cmphotocenter.com This is similar to snapfish but easier. Be sure to use my CM ID #4529885 so we get credit toward our adoption fund.
  • Are you into celebrating memories – visit my website at www.mycmsite.com/bethmurray for creative ways to share your memories. June Special: purchase $100.00 of product, have it direct shipped to your home, and you will receive a gift worth $25.00 Plus, you’ll support our adoption.
  • Our chat group friend, Heather, set up a e-show for us at Usborne Books and More Usborne has educational and entertainment books for children of all ages. You can shop online through July 1, 2009 and your purchase will help us bring our Angel home.
  • We are still working on our fundraiser website and will be updating it as new activities launch.

We are so grateful for the help we have received so far. We ask that you please keep us in your prayers and consider participating in some of our fundraisers. Our time is running out and we still need funds to be able to travel. We are on our knees praying and know that God will make a way.

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25.

Praying Without Ceasing,
Elizabeth


No comments: