Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Please Donate Your Latte to Help Our Adoption!

Okay, the other day I was walking by Starbucks and the smell was wonderful! I was really tempted to go in and order my favorite, a Venti Latte. But I must say, indulging in Venti Lattes is something I have given up to save money for our adoption. In fact, I haven't had one in over 3 months!

As the wonderful aroma wafted out to tickle my nose, I started to wonder about several things. How much money have I saved? How much money does the average person spend on Starbucks coffee a day or a week? I work with people who seem to have a Starbucks beverage of some sort in their hand at all times.

Hmm, just think, the average Venti Latte costs about $3.57 so what if 10 people donated the cost of one Venti Latte to our adoption. That would total $35.70 which would maybe buy a pair of shoes, underwear, one outfit, and coat for our little girl to wear on the trip home. That would be a big help to us.

But then, my mind started racing!
What if:
  • 100 people donated the cost of one Venti Latte that would be $357.00 which would pay for:
    *our little girl's passport
    *her medical exam in Moscow
    *the notary fee for the adoption papers in Russia

What if:

  • 500 people donated the cost of one Venti Latte that would be $1,785.00 which would pay for:
    *Don and my visas
    *document authentication fees

What if:

  • 1000 people donated the cost of one Venti Latte that would be $3,570.00 which would pay for:
    *our little girl's visa/Embassy fee in Moscow
    *Consular registration fee
    *Post adoption fee
    *Airfare for our little girl

WOW! The possibilities are endless. Is it reasonable to think that people might be so generous to donate the cost of one Venti Latte to support our adoption? I don't know but it sure can't hurt to try!

See that button over there?
The one that says "Donation"? You can click on that button and donate the cost of one Venti Latte through PayPal. It is very easy. So please help us bring home our little girl by donating today.

Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

Still waiting for a referral,
Elizabeth

No comments: