Wednesday, November 12, 2008

After 2 1/2 Years We Are Finally Registered!

I woke up this morning thinking, "we are going to hear something today." I mentioned it to Don and he responded, "Yeah, sure." We set about our usual routine of making coffee and our daily devotion. Then I went off to work.
It was a very busy day but late afternoon before shutting down my computer, I had this feeling that I should check my personal email. Woo Hoo, there it was, an email from our family coordinator telling us, "You are officially registered in ______ region." I was jumping up and down at my desk! Ran out in the hallway to tell anyone who would listem but everyone had already left for the day! Who cares, I still jumped up and down doing the happy dance and praising God! Then I suddenly realized, I needed to call Don! My phone call made his day! He said, "You're kidding right? Just this morning you said you had a feeling we were going to hear something - how do you do that?" I just smiled - sometimes I think God whispers in my ear.

Our first dossier went to Russia May 15, 2006! just before the accreditation standstill. Our second dossier update never made it to Russia do to many challenges (see With Heavy Heart). Our third dossier update went to Russia early September 2008. Since then we have updated several region specific documents.

This is so wonderful to finally get to this point. I am excited and can't stop thinking about meeting our little girl.

We are praising God for this wonderful news and praying we receive a referral soon and that we travel to meet our little angel before the end of the year.

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. Psalm 9:1

Joyfully,
Donald and Elizabeth

1 comment:

Heather Brandt said...

Congratulations on being registered!

God bless,

Heather