Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Planting Trees

I have been a bit lazy with our blog lately. Mostly because there is not much to report. We have been updating paperwork for our registration in a region and referral.

I have decided that we need to plant a tree or several trees once the adoption is complete. I am feeling a little guilty about all the paper we have used over the past 2 1/2 years! And, to think, it's not over yet. Definitely, several trees need to be planted in our little girl's name. mmh, what type of tree should we plant? A palm tree, always appropriate in Florida. Or, perhaps a stately oak tree? Or maybe, a pine tree? What would be best for the environment? I guess I will have to do some research on which type of tree would be best. We would want to plant it small so we can watch it grow along with watching our little girl grow.





I believe that we must be concerned about the sustainability of our planet. I am a conservative environmental type. I recycle (anything I can), I use green bags when shopping, and I am trying to replace all cleaning supplies in my house with green products. Over the summer, when I had exchange students here, I bought an extra wastebasket for the kitchen for recyclables, I labeled one waste basket trash and the other plastic, cans, and glass. This seemed to work quite well and we have continued this to this day. I am sure there is more that I can do but at least it's a starting point.

Friday, I was shopping in Target and realized I forgot my green bags. For a brief moment, I struggled with going through the checkout and having my purchases bagged in plastic or parking my shopping cart and going out to my car to get my green bags. What do you think I decided to do? Yep, I parked my cart and went out to the car to get my bags. My ethical standard just wouldn't let me do anything else. I have a tendency to go a little overboard, but I decided that some of us must go overboard to create a balance with those who do not care.

I am in the process of exploring green makeup - this is quite new to me but I am sure important. My hair salon just purchased green shampoo and conditioner. Did you know that most conditioner contains paraben which can be a health hazzard. I need to research this a little but it will probably be my next project.

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with our adoption but it has everything to do with trying to make the earth a better place for our little girl's future.

Praying to hear word about being registered in a region soon followed by a referral.

You will pray to him, and he will hear you... Job 22:27

Until later,
Elizabeth

No comments: