Sunday, July 23, 2006

Didn't I say "No Cat Zone"


Well, as you can see the idea of a "no cat zone" failed. However, Lara really did not mind. This big boy is Pinkey and he is quite cozy in Lara's bed. Yes, I know you are asking yourself "why would they name a monster cat like that Pinkey?

Well, it was easy. First, he was supposed to be a she. Second, he was this little tiny, cute, white ball of fuzz when we met him. He had a pink nose and ears. We fell in love and the name made sense at the time.

Lara seems to be settling in. She is a delight. Lara is very personable, curious, and her English is excellent. She is open to trying new things and really enjoys cooking. We cooked together today. I told her we were having salmon, asparagus, and salad for dinner. She immediately wanted to help. She had never had asparagus steamed. She said they fry asparagus in Spain. So, we steamed half and fried half. The asparagus was a hit. We all enjoyed both types. I think the next few weeks will be a lot of fun.

Still no news about our adoption.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Still waiting,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Carolina Mama said...

Hi - I like your blog and wish you the best on your adoption journey. Are you still in the waiting room? Hope you post soon. And hope you all and Lara are having fun! I have heard eBay is a great way to sell - I have not done it but apparently it is easy. I have shopped on it and love that. He will provide for your daughter! Best!