Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Disappointment or Encouragement?

We heard last week, that we were not approved for an adoption grant. We were very disappointed until this week when we heard that we were not approved for two more grants! Disappointment just doesn't explain how we felt. In fact, I am still not sure how to explain the feeling - much more than disappointment - hopeless, powerless - asking ourselves over and over why? Wondering, how are we going to get our Angel home?

My first thought was to climb back into bed and just forget about the day/week/month. But then I realized something. All three agencies stated they had so many grant applications that they could not fund all of them. Wow! Do you realize what that means? It means that many many families are adopting right now! How encouraging is that!

How could I be so selfish to only think about us and our situation? It is not about me or us! It is all about obeying God and glorifying God in all we do including adoption.

Our situation will right itself when it is time - God's time. I have to constantly remind myself that God already knows when we will bring our Angel home, we must be faithful, and we have to have faith!

One thing is for sure, our little Angel will NEVER question the fact that she was wanted!
Thanks for following our journey,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Heather Brandt said...

Praying for you and believing God will provide! We received many no's from grants and loans ourselves but God worked it all out and I know some how He will help you through these hurdles.

Heather