Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wrapping Things Up!

We have been quite involved with our fundraising and updating our homestudy. I have to admit, fundraising can be a lot of work and not always as productive as we hope. But then I have to remind myself that it is more than just raising money. Every fundraiser we've done has resulted in meeting wonderful people and learning great lessons. Don and I have also learned to really work together. There is no way either of us could do all this alone.

Here are some photos of our house preparing for my scrapbooking open house, boxing up the flowerbulbs from our flowerbulb fundraiser, and organizing items for our silent auction Saturday, May 16. Actually, it was total chaos for a day or so! And it will be chaotic again with all the silent auction items - but we are not complaining!
The scrapbooking open house was very nice. Not as many people came as I hoped but we were still able to add some money to our adoption fund. Both fundraisers went quite well, you can see the thermometer is almost to $4,000! We were hoping to make it to $5,000 by the end of the month. We are praying without ceasing!

Now, all we have to worry about is our benefit dinner and silent auction. We've had some great donations but not many have sent in their RSVP; we are praying it will be a great success.
Please keep us in your prayers as we continue to work toward bringing our Angel home.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:12

Faithfully,
Elizabeth

No comments: