Thursday, December 04, 2008

We Got the Call!


We are so excited! This morning we just finished praying after
our daily devotion and the phone rang. I said to Don, "Do you think
that's America World?" He responded, "It could be, we just prayed
about it."
When I went to the phone and saw the caller ID I could
hardly believe it. I could barely get "hello" out of my mouth. On the
other end of the line was our family coordinator's voice!

She asked us if we were near a computer and we both said "yes". She said she would send us photos of our precious angel. We both just sat on the sofa waiting - then she asked, "Ca you open the pictures?" We realized, we hadn't moved, we were still sitting on the sofa! We rushed to the computer to open the email.

I have to say, when that angelic face popped up on the computer screen, it took my breath away! On my computer screen was the little person who is going to be my daughter. It was such an amazing moment; a forever moment.

Over the past, almost 3 years, we have waited patiently, prayed
without ceasing, and trusted that God had a plan for our family. We
finally saw the face of our little angel. We knew immediately she was
the child God picked for us. She is 9 years old and looks so
sweet.

The next step is to consult an International Adoption physician to review her photos and medical report. We are praying that she is healthy but trust that this is the child God picked for us.


With joy in our hearts and hunting for our dancing shoes,
Don and Elizabeth

No comments: