Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Determination - Firmness of Purpose

Webster defines determination as, "a determining or being determined...a firm intention...firmness of purpose."

Yesterday, I had one of those moments. I don't quite know how to explain it. It was the end of the day and I was walking back to my office after my class. Campus is quite nice this time of year and my walk took me by one of the small lakes. I saw several woodstorks on the shore - I looked for alligators but didn't see any. Usually, I see one or two sunning themselves. It was a very peaceful walk and I was quietly praying the Prayer of Jabez - my daily prayer these days.

But once I walked into my office, I flopped down on my chair and tears filled my eyes. I was overcome with a sense of "will this wait ever be over?... how much longer?... could we lose her?"I guess it was finally hitting me - I have tried to stay positive and faithful throughout the past few weeks but my footing was slipping at that moment. I was having a bit of a "pity party" because our little angel won't be with us for a few more months. Then, I reached over and picked up a scrapbook** I made of some of our time with her and started flipping through the pages. Soon my tears were gone and I could feel my determination return, my firmness of purpose return - we will raise the money, we will get back to Russia - it is not an option to lose her!

I started thinking about all we've been through over the past 3 years - see our blog archives if you have a few hours. Amazingly, Don and I have grown so much in our marriage and in our christian walk. Perhaps, that is what God wanted from us. Who knows, maybe we have a little more growing to do.
Thanks for stopping by,
Elizabeth

**Oh, by the way, I put a button to my scrapbooking website on the right side of the page. When you click on it, you will be taken to my secure website. You can shop online and have all items shipped directly to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth - I remember too clearly the pain of waiting. We met our Dmitry when he was 10 months old and couldn't bring him home until he was almost 3. Two years. Many times I crumbled. There is one blog entry of mine I want you to read. I was where you are. . . If you're feeling alone, please read it:

http://peaseadoption.blogspot.com/2007/08/wise-counselits-gonna-be-nice.html

For now, I'm PRAISING GOD for the miracles He's going to work in your life. I'm already PRAISING GOD for your family, for your child.... God is AMAZING, he is FAITHFUL - let's celebrate NOW what God is going to do!!!

theglenns556 said...

I was linked to your blog from Laura Pease. I made a small donation to help you but offer my prayers. I will keep checking in to see how God is going to work!