Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Our Sad Fundraising Thermometer

Okay, so I've made some changes to our blog. I really didn't like the widget we were using for donations. I changed it to the PayPal button and I found a fundraising thermometer. I was really excited about it but once I uploaded the thermometer it made me sad ($1200).

We are so busy with fundraising, scrimping and saving, and pinching pennies. I really thought we had more than what our thermometer shows. We will keep working on it.

We are working on some other fundraising activities as well as trying to appeal to the blog readers out there (see Please Donate Your Latte to Help Our Adoption). I know there are some generous Starbucks drinkers out there. I heard on the news that someone at a Starbucks drive-through paid for the person in the car behind them. That simple act seemed to continue for more than 150 customers.
Here is the link: http://www.wqad.com/news/wqad-starbucks-pay-forward-022809,0,1280892.story


Thanks for stopping by,
Elizabeth



1 comment:

junglemama said...

Hi Don and Elisabeth,

I got word from a fellow blog reader that you were having financial difficulty with completing your adoption. This is so often the case for many adoptive parents. Do you have a big support group through church? Have you thought of doing a silent auction? Do you have another blog where peole can read and be touched by your story. If you did, I can post about your adoption on my blog-- but a story would need to accompany it. How soon are you bringing your daughter home?

I look forward to being in touch. Blessings.