Friday, May 09, 2008

Family Time in Ohio

The past few days I've been visiting family in Ohio. It has been great to be home in the spring time. Usually, we visit in December for Christmas and, unless it snows, I find the weather quite dismal. One of my favorite things is to take my shoes of and walk barefoot in the grass. I just love lawns in Ohio. I would never walk barefoot on my lawn in Florida - just the thought makes me cringe!

My Ohio itinerary is jam packed! Last weekend I attended my nephew's birthday party. He is 4 years old and full of energy. I spent the past few days with him and his 6 year old brother. We have been very busy with basketball practice, soccer, and baseball. I think it was good to spend time with them. The experience has helped confirm that, "Yes, I can do this!" That is, keep up with a 6 year old and a 4 year old - we do not know what God has planned for our family. We requested a little girl but we did not want to limit God. So, we completed paperwork for two children and pray that God's will be done.

Today, we will all travel to Erie, PA for my oldest nephew's graduation from Gannon University. I have to admit, the thought of him graduating makes me feel a bit "old" but I'll just wipe that thought right out of my mind!

Sunday, I'll spend the day at my mother's and then head back to Florida on Monday. Once I get home, we will be quite busy preparing for another visit for our homestudy. Things are moving along and we are continuing in faith that God will provide for our adoption.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

God Bless,
Elizabeth

No comments: