Friday, July 20, 2007

Happy Birthday, NOT!!

Well, last night was an unusual experience. What started out to be what I thought was "a little gastric upset" ended up buying me a visit to our local emergency room for a kidney stone. What unbelievable pain! Sadly, it was Don's birthday. I felt so bad that he had to spend this time in the emergency room with me writhing in pain. He is such a patient and kind person, he would never feel slighted. He held my hand and told me he loved me over and over. He's a keeper!


We saw the urologist earlier today. He is confident that I will pass the stone in a week or so. Hmm, I wonder. I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle but how can I deal with the pain for another week??? With much prayer!


We are hosting exchange students again this summer. I am convinced this is the only way to pass the time waiting on the accreditation of our adoption agency! Our students were to arrive today, but we had to find someone to take them for us for a few days. We are very disappointed but felt this would be best right now. We will meet them on Saturday and bring them back to our home. Again, I am praying that the pain is manageable and we can have a great visit.


For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 2 Corinthians 1:5


Blessings,
Elizabeth

No comments: